Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lars And Edith.

I finally saw La Mome. Well... Did anyone really like this movie? I'm not speaking of Marion Cotilliard's performance, which I agree was good. But the story? It just seemed so shattered and inconsistant. I think they were trying a different take on the biopic genre that didn't quite work for me. Possibly because the few things I did know about Edith Piaf's life beforehand (about her affair with Yves Montand, the daughter she gave up) were completely left out. I don't know- I didn't find this to be an enjoyable watch either. Thoughts?

On the other hand Lars and the Real Girl: A guy in love with a sex doll he ordered online. I know it sounds kind of tacky and it's true that the anatomically correct girlfriend topic has been used in lame crime shows before. But: I'm in love with this movie and its actors! From Ryan Gosling to Partricia Clarkson(Ally Sheedy's junky girlfriend in High Art) everyone does a terrific job.
And the script is overwhelmingly good.

In other news: I'm starting nerd school tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited about it.

10 comments:

Guls said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Guls said...

Guess who shed a few tears on Lars and the real girl. It's not me it's you!!! :)))
But definitely loved the movie and the actors as well...

matilda said...

I seriously did. That's rare for me though, I'm not really a cryer.

Guls said...

Someone else will be happy that she was not the only one that cried:))) And I feel guilty to make fun of her now :S

matilda said...

So you were talking about someone other than me.. Who? Who? Tell me! :)

btw I read that Ryan Gosling keeps Bianca in his attic now. He says he feels about her the way he used to feel about his childhood stuffed animals. Which I think is odd considering, you know, what kind of doll this is. And that attic must be scary.

Guls said...

hahaha you don't know???

and that is creepy!!!

matilda said...

hmpf...I really don't. I'm totally out of the loop..

ooijj said...

don't listen to that hard-hearted turk! L&TRG was beautiful from start to finish.

what is nerd school?

;)

matilda said...

I'm learning to be an internet concepter there(not sure if that would be the exact english term). It's really fun so far. Right now I'm doing a month of Photoshop. As of yesterday I can do nose and boob jobs. ;)

Guls said...

Tell me when you get to the love-handle jobs ;)

And baby isn't it a bit cruel that you call your wife cold-hearted???