Tuesday, August 7, 2007

tagged.

i'm kind of late with this, i hope i'll find someone to tag..

These are the rules:

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.


1) i like birds. i even feel sorry for the pigeons in the city, because they often have crippled feet.

2) if i could choose to live in any city of the world for one year starting today, i would pick istanbul.

3) i love going to cafés, but i've come to hate most of the coffee chains. i think starbucks is a waste for someone who actually likes the taste and smell of coffee.

4) my sister is the only reason i know any gossip at all. i know secrets though.

5) i am definitely one of those people whose state of mind is reflected in the state of their room. if my head is a mess, my appartment is too. there could be a mathematical equation in that somewhere.

6) i will never find out though, because i am ignorant when it comes to mathematics. i refused to learn it in high school after 9th grade. that is no exaggeration. the new math books i got in the beginning of the year were untouched the next summer when i gave them back.

7) i will try every social networking tool on the internet, at least for a short time, but i lose interest fast.

8)  i had an obsession with tools when i was a kid. or every toy that was a realistic miniature replica of something. i didn't like anything that was made with wrong proportions or was decorated for kids (pink hair dryers for dolls? ew ). i also liked playmobil better than lego.

so i hereby  tag:

 pam

sparky

j. stemple (who i don't really know yet ...)

i also tag persona, evaini and pippi who have no blogs yet *hint*  (maybe you can post your facts in the comments section . . . or if you don't want to just tell me to leave you alone)
i can't think of anyone else right now.

9 comments:

0 said...

um... ok.

1) i'm a very messy person but i try keep it closeted.

2) surprisingly, i'm actually more a dog person than a cat person. yeah, i know...

3) i won a spelling contest when i was little.

4) i'm scared of pigeons.

5) i still have my winnie the pooh from when i was little.

6) my 8 great grand-parents, my 4 grand-parents, my parents and i had or have blue or green eyes.

7) i learned the alphabet thanks to a kid song that i still sing in my head whenever i use a dictionary.

8) when i eat brocolis, i always look at them in the plate during a long time and try to imagine that they are trees that i'm watching from the top of a building.

J.Stemple said...

Hey Miss! I'm tagged!! You surprised me. :) I'll think about my random 8 things and I hope by tomorrow I'll post them!

See ya!

ooijj said...

persona- you are cute like a character out of a french children's book (there's a series i'm thinking of i think it's called madeline do you know the ones?)

matilda- starbucks et al totally SUCK. those chains are an affront to my spiritual beliefs and should be banned (i mean, if they can ban burkhas in schools, surely they can ban crap coffee which we know is far more culturally damaging than a head dress...)

Pippi said...

Dear Matilda,

There won’t be a blog with “The adventures of Pippi” and I hate being tagged. But... you’re a sweetie because you’ve changed your blog for me. Apparently you still love small fonts and so does Safari, but it’s ok, I like your blog and it gives me a reason to use my magnificent magnifying-glass. So here you go, my random facts!

8 Is my lucky number but it never brought me any luck... (is it random or not?)

I love to sing funny tunes of commercials.

In the morning I brush my teeth twice, with two different toothpastes. Yes! I brush my teeth at night, too. Just once.

I’m a very observing person and maybe that’s why I have two personalities. # 1. the quiet one, the observer and listener and then out of the blue there’s Miss # 2. the talkative teaser with a lot of questions. It happens a lot, every day.

I collect all the little gifts I get from kids:
One of my treasures is a tiny weeny black stone. I got it from my “little boyfriend”. He could have picked any colourful stone on the beach that day, because there were millions of them, but no it was a simple little black one. The most beautiful one he had ever seen he told me, and he looked at me with his sparkling brown eyes, and gave it to me... I melted of course.
Or drawings I love them, too. Years ago at Easter my little niece was bored and she wanted to make a drawing for me. So, I asked her to draw a silly Easter bunny. She took a huge piece of paper and I didn’t hear her for a long time. When she finished her piece of art, she called me and had a funny grin on her face. There were Easter eggs, rainbows, flowers, little lambs, butterflies, birds and of course a smiling sun... it was very cute, but there was no Easter bunny at all. So I asked her where the Easter bunny was. She smiled and pointed at a little tiny circle and said “there he is... in that hole!”.

I can only read a book when the sun is shining, it’s ridiculous and I’m still trying to change that.

I always remove the labels of my T-shirts or blouses, because they drive me crazy and make me shiver.

I never liked strawberries until 2 years ago. People always told me that I was strange because I didn’t like them. So my sweet mom gave me raspberries instead and called me “The Raspberry Queen”. I felt special among all those strawberry lovers. But if my mom knew... she just had to mix the strawberries with yoghurt, whipping cream and a little bit of vanilla sugar, that’s all...

And this is why I don’t have a blog!



Matilda follow your dream and go to Istanbul!

ps: Pfffff, big brown eyes... do you really think that I’m impressed by your 8 great grand-parents, 4 grand-parents, and parents?!

matilda said...

awww persona, pippi you two are too cute!

i ment to comment sooner, but i'm just to wrapped up in work and other things and my head in general right now.

the broccoli thing is awesome :) i think it could easily be used to construct little model landscapes.

pippi what do you do in the winter when it's cold and grey, when you cannot read? reading is basically what get's me through the winter. well that and oversized woollen things.

re: safari trouble - how does the blog /font size look to the other 3.5 readers?
[i picked the font based on what looked best on my browser (obviously..). i don't wanna give you a headache though, so i'll look into it]

have a great rest of the weekend,

matilda.

p.s. i would totally chose wearing a bhurka over drinking starbucks coffee.
p.p.s. thank god [...?] i don't have to make that choice.

::: sissi ::: said...

haha, many 8 facts to read makes fun!!

i love the brocolli view frenchy, awesome!

also i would like to see more blogs and second matilda's hint :D

Pippi said...

Awww you’re so sweet! Don’t worry about your font size in Safari, I’m just too lazy to use Firefox and I was teasing you! I’m so, SO sorry... :D

What I do in winter when it’s cold and grey?
That’s exactly my problem... I relax when the sun is shining, go outside and read a book, and I’m active when it’s cold, rainy and grey. I just can’t sit on a couch, relax and read a book. I wish I could... And when I’m really bored in winter I watch Absolutely Fabulous (again) or a movie with a hot chocolate milk...

Have a great week!

Eve said...

"i even feel sorry for the pigeons in the city, because they often have crippled feet."

This made me smile! You're too sweet haha :)

socks28 said...

my dear matilda, you have been tagged for another thing check out my blog for more details