Saturday, July 14, 2007

no more excuses

It's been a long time. I'm almost too embarrassed about that to post again. But since someone subtly hinted that i should, here i am. And i just happen to have watched two movies this night. Actually had started to watch the third one just before writing this post.

Let's start with that one. Vampyros Lesbos. I have only seen 5 minutes of it so far. There was a ship and a mosque. And a woman making out with her own image in the mirror. That was before she turned around to make out with another woman who apparently tried to look like a mannquin doll and moved robot-like. Also in those five minutes I saw a man with the creepiest mustache ever. This movie might actually be funnier to watch than I anticipated. I haven't seen any vampires yet, though.

The other 2 movies i saw tonight were: The Constant Gardener and The Last King of Scotland. Both actually very recommendable. I especially liked the photography in the constant gardener. I didnt think it would be that good while watching the first fifteen minutes though. The main character(Ralph Fiennes as Justin Quayle) wasnt at all appealing to me. But Rachel Weisz was. Which made the film so sad. Anyways as the story develops it becomes quite an interesting movie and as i said,
the images are awesome, i think i'd watch the movie for that alone. 

The Last King of Scotland is a more classical narrative, but with an awesome Forest Whitaker in the leading role. Gillian Anderson plays some doctor's wife and looks completely like Dr. Quinn. Which was slightly irritating.

I have to watch a lot of movies about africa over the next few weeks, so this topic might come up again. What are your favourite movies set in africa(kenya and ugunda preferably)? I can't say i have seen many until now. The only one that came to mind when I thought about it was 'Out of Africa' and of course for that i have to thank my dear mother, since that used to be one of her favourite films back in the eighties/early nineties.


2 comments:

0 said...

yipee ! the beautifulest film critic is back ! :)

i personnaly recommend the animated movie kirikou and the witch
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/kirikou+sorcière/video/x1ecvy_le-petit-kirikou

here is a clip

Unknown said...

Zulu, its kinda maybe un-pc sort of, but as a kid i loved it. Though i did support the zulu nation over the brtish.