Monday, April 30, 2007

Thank you Mr. Kusturica.

I woke up today because a band was playing in front of my house, waiting for people to open their windows and give them something for the music.
Since I liked what they played a lot, that's exactly what I did, not realising that
I was still in my pyjamas and had very messed up hair.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The whole scenery reminded me a lot of the Emir Kusturica films. Also the fact that they played balkan music. So I thought I'd make a top 5 list of Kusturica movies. The problem is, I have only seen four of his movies so far and I loved them all: Time of the Gypsies, Arizona Dream, Underground and Black Cat, White Cat.

I guess if I had to pick a favourite it would be Black Cat, White Cat. Who wouldn't like a movie where you see a pig eating a car? Anyways, the music is good in all of his movies, which probably has a lot to do with the fact that he's a musician as well as a director.


Here is a video of his band
The No Smoking Orchestra, who made the music for Black Cat, White Cat:




6 comments:

Magnolia31 said...

When we meet, I'll sing to you "Las MaƱanitas"... for free, but it's just for you... ;-)

Unknown said...

**adds to The List**

Thanks for the recommendations. Seems like a lovely way to wake up. :)

-paradroid

matilda said...

i should add that if you haven't seen any of kusturica's movies you probably shouldn't start with underground. it's very good but insanely long, almost three hours i think.

Guls said...

does that mean you never go out in your pj's :)))

I am pretty sure I watched a Kusturica movie but I cant remember which one.

Thanks for the recommendations...

Love;
Guls

0 said...

oh ! i love his movies ! especially black cat, white cat and arizona dream. they make me happy :)

i haven't seen time of the gypsies, but you make me want to see it !

ps : i'm not surprised that people serenade you ;)

Anonymous said...

Matty, I have to say, the name you gave my blog on your link list made me laugh and feel really guilty at the same time.

I'll try to slow it down some! :)